superstars of spirit award
The Sparkle Effect "Superstars of Spirit" award program aims to recognize and honor individual Sparkle Effect cheer and dance team members of all abilities for their contributions to their squad and community and for their exemplary leadership in challenging social boundaries and promoting inclusion.
Application process: To ensure that we accommodate Sparkle Effect team members of all abilities, we've created two ways to apply. Applicants may either:
(1) Submit an essay that answers the five questions outlined on the application along with one letter of reference* that answers the five questions; or
(2) Forego the essay and submit two letters of reference* that answer the five questions.
(3) All applications should include 2 to 5 photographs of the applicant cheering/dancing with the applicant's Sparkle Effect inclusive team at school sporting events.
(4) All applications should be mailed to: The Sparkle Effect, Inc., 5080 Center Court, Bettendorf, IA, 52722.
(5) The application deadline is June 30, 2013.
(6) Five (5) winners will be selected and notified by July 31, 2013.
(7) The winners will be announced publicly on The Sparkle Effect Facebook page in July and August.
*Note: any individual familiar with the applicant's participation on their inclusive team may serve as a reference, but at least one reference must be unrelated to the applicant.
Eligibility: Any participant on a Sparkle Effect cheer or dance team may apply assuming he/she meets the following requirements:
(1) The applicant must have been an active participant on an official Sparkle Effect cheer or dance team for a minimum of two seasons and must have participated on a team in 2012 or 2013.
(2) The applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
(3) The applicant's application must be complete and postmarked by June 30, 2013.
(4) The applicant must give permission to The Sparkle Effect to use his/her story and photographs in promotional materials.
Winners of the Sparkle Effect Superstar award will be:
(1) Exemplary leaders through actions and/or example;
(2) Boundary breakers who challenge others with their commitment, their determination, and their courage;
(3) Inspirational individuals who have managed to raise the spirit of a team, a school, or a community.
Prize: The five winners will receive:
(1) A $1,000 cash award!
(2) An announcement and profile on The Sparkle Effect Facebook page and website.
You can access the Superstars of Spirit Application here.
sparkle effect spotlight award
Each squad need only apply once; your application will be considered on a revolving basis
All applications are due on the 15th of each month
What should I include?
In 1,000 words or less, tell us why your inclusive cheer squad or dance team should be in The Sparkle Effect Spotlight. Be sure to share:
(1) The name and location of your squad
(2) Personal or team success stories
(3) Whether you've helped to generate other inclusive teams in your area
(4) The impact your team has had on your school and community
(5) 3 photos of your squad in action
What do Sparkle Effect Spotlight teams win?
(1) A month-long feature on our website
(2) A personalized crystal trophy
(3) Custom Sparkle Effect warm-up jackets from Varsity Spirit Fashions
Contact us at email@example.com